Headteacher Remote Learning Information During Covid-19
Headteacher Welcome and Information During Covid-19
I would like to say welcome to all parents, carers, pupils and other members of our local community that are working with us or have contact with us, especially during the Covid-19 crisis. Coronavirus has helped get perspective on what is important – family, community and the well-being of those we love – children, parents, grandparents, and for me, our lively amazing pupils and our wonderful committed, caring Phoenix staff.
Should parents/carers need additional support please contact us or these other organisations:
- School Tel: 01233 622510 (currently a reduced service 9am-12pm then the answer machine)
- Childline: 0800 1111 www.childline.org.uk
- Kooth.com – safe, anonymous online support for young people www.kooth.com
- Ashford Borough Council advice on housing, Council Tax and benefits - https://www.ashford.gov.uk/coronavirus
- Kent Community Foundation Emergency Hardship Fund – particularly for families suffering hardship as a result of the Covid-19 (needs a professional to apply on your behalf): https://kentcf.org.uk/funding/individuals
- Apply for Free School Meals: https://www.kent.gov.uk/education-and-children/schools/free-school-meals
We have also communicated with parents about food bank resources, our partnership with the Hygiene Bank charity and arranged supermarket vouchers for parents of pupils on Free School Meals (FSM), please ask if you need help or support accessing.
Phoenix Community Primary School is an integral part of a supportive and strong local community and through the current challenges we have all been, and will continue to be, in this together. During this time our focus has been the safety of everyone in our community and the well-being of pupils. We have been providing ‘remote learning’ so that families can have some structure to their days, including work packages, blogs on the website with online learning packs and lots of links and suggestions through Twitter and the website. The resources are there to help if you need them, we are not expecting or wanting them all to be done.
We have remained open, including through Easter holidays, for the children of key workers and some vulnerable children and I am immensely grateful and proud of the staff volunteering to provide this essential service.
Phoenix Community Primary School is your school and we here for your children but also for you and we proudly serve our pupils and our community.
Chris Johnson, Headteacher